DT | Mentoring: Crossroads Academy Leadership Cadre - 1:00pm - 2:25pm
Crossroads Academy Leadership Cadre empowers middle and high school aged youth to dream without limitations and relentlessly pursue the goals they seek to reach for themselves. The Key Connector Initiative is the Leadership’s strategic partnership with the Central Exchange and Empowering Actions for Youth. The Key Connector Initiative allows its participants to create strategic and systematic plans that put them on track to pursue whatever they wish to achieve in life. Additionally, the program develops its members into leaders by exposing them to an array of trailblazers, including community members, who have set lofty goals for themselves and have, as a result, achieved success. Graduates of the Leadership Cadre leave the program with a heightened sense of self-esteem, purpose, drive, and character. In short, graduates are empowered to create the change they wish to see in their own lives, communities and the world at large.
This initiative was presented at Central Exchange on March 1, 2017 and was facilitated by Angela Brown, President & CEO of Empowering Actions and Kirsten Brown, Instructor at Crossroads Academy-Central.
Angela Brown is the Founder and President of Empowering Actions, LLC. Her company provides leadership coaching and training to organizations and individuals worldwide.Angela Brown is a certified John C. Maxwell international leadership coach, speaker and trainer and also serves as leadership coach for the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University for their Global Executive MBA students. She has trained over 1,700 business owners and executives in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Australia, teaching leadership, sales and communication skills.
Prior to starting her own firm in 2003, Ms. Brown spent over 20 years in Corporate America managing teams as a marketing, sales and business development executive in the healthcare and insurance sectors.
- As a successful entrepreneur, Angela has spent over 10 years developing and growing a multi-million dollar Corporate Wellness and Training Company, Workplace Spa, which she sold in 2008.
- Recognized by the Kansas City Business Journal as a Woman Who Means Business.
- Recognized as one of Kansas City’s most Influential Women by KC Business magazine.
- Recognized on the cover of Empowering Woman magazine as one of the top Direct Sales earners in the nation.
- She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business with an emphasis in Human Resource Management from Lindenwood University in St. Louis.
- Angela is married to her husband Tim of 30 years and has three grown children. She and her husband recently relocated to the Raleigh North Carolina area.