Creative Communication Specialist
SelectQuote Insurance Services is seeking an energetic, collaborative and motivated Creative Communications Specialist to assist with the creative and project management aspects of content/social marketing and integrated brand campaigns. This role will also leverage project management capabilities to ensure timelines and deadlines stay on track.
The primary focus is of this role is supporting SelectQuote’s content marketing and social media programs to increase site visibility for SEO, brand awareness and engagement with our target audience. In addition, the Creative Communications Specialist will be responsible for maintaining creative and editorial project workflow calendars to ensure the creative and communications teams stay on track in supporting website, landing page, social, TV, radio and other digital campaign initiatives. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Communications and Content Marketing and work closely with the Senior Manager, Creative and Branding to tell the SelectQuote brand story in innovative, creative, measurable ways.
The Creative Communications Specialist needs to be a self-starter with a knack for copy editing and developing creative content for social media audiences. This role will work in a variety of social, publishing and design software programs including WordPress, Hootsuite and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Manage schedules and workflow for creative projects using online project management and workflow software to update tasks as needed.
- Assist with designing creative assets for social media platforms, including video.
- Coordinate the social employee advocacy program (You Earned It) encouraging internal audiences to share social content with their networks.
- Manage the syndicated content platform (Outbrain) by adding new content, headlines and images to dashboard and monitoring effectiveness.
- Upload blog content using WordPress.
- Provide SEO-focused input on blog post content.
- Search for stock photography to accompany blog and social posts to visually tell a story, while maintaining brand guidelines.
- Participate in brainstorming and other idea-generating team sessions.
- Regularly review internal and competitor designs and trends, applying best practices and learnings toward developing new ideas.
- Strong writing skills, including a working knowledge of AP Style.
- A portfolio that demonstrates content and design expertise across a variety of platforms, including social media.
- Project management/traffic management experience.
- Team player with strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, the ability to analyze details and develop a strategic and creative point of view.
- Devotion to continuing education in both self-led and structured learning environments.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Familiarity with video editing software such as After Effects or Final Cut/Adobe Premiere also a plus, but not required.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong written and visual design skills.
- Experience with social media listening and monitoring tools (Hootsuite) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative team environment and influence others.
- Ease in working under pressure with tight deadlines and managing multiple projects at once.
- Some travel may be required to SelectQuote’s San Francisco office.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design or similar
- Experience in insurance or personal consumer finance industry a plus
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite