OFFSITE | UMKC Presents: Personal and Executive Presence with Nicole Price
What is executive presence? And why do some people seem to have it in spades? There’s so much advice out there – and none of it really captures what makes leaders stand out! Popular books and articles are helpful but tend to oversimplify the phenomenon. Executive presence is more than commanding the room, wearing the right suit, or giving a great presentation (which is all important). The question is, what is it, and how can you achieve it?
In this course, through a series of reflection exercises and interactive assignments participants will:
• Explore their own biases and investigate benefits of embracing biases and prejudices to assist in their own branding and presence creation
• Rediscover their core values as a means to guide personal branding
• Understand the connection between personal accountability and creating the image you desire
• Create an intentional, personal development plan directly related to presence and brand
• Have the foundational tools to gain the most benefit from subsequent workshops on presence and branding
Teams are made up of people, and people are imperfect. Nicole Price starts with that. Her transparency allows others to learn from some of her mistakes, and it helps them to avoid the same pitfalls on their journeys. Her authenticity and accessibility has earned Nicole the nickname “back pocket” coach, with insights and strategies that clients can recall on the spot and apply in times of need.
Nicole herself is a lively paradox — honest but kind, firm yet empathic, street-savvy and buttoned-up. She’s a scholar who can make it plain, a practitioner who knows she's still learning. Her personal stories, comedic approach, and real-world experiences connect Nicole to her audiences, and that helps them to get out of their own way.