Financial Sales Representative
Location: Kansas City, MO and KS - Incumbent will be required to travel to various locations within the Greater Kansas City metro area.
Details: Position requires flexibility Monday through Friday 7:15 am to 7:15 pm and Saturdays 8:45 am to 1:15 pm.
Summary: Under the direction of the assigned manager, the Financial Sales Representative (FSR) must be able to deal with any customer, on any financial need, in a professional and knowledgeable manner. The incumbent contributes directly to the achievement of sales goals by recognizing opportunities to sell and cross-sell products/services. The incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of banking services, with emphasis on developing/maintaining a personal banking relationship with new and existing customers. The majority (60%) of the incumbent’s time is spent providing customers and potential customers with a clear understanding of the features and benefits of products and services offered at the bank. The FSR is responsible for processing routine transactions, selling all bank products and assisting with other service needs. The incumbent meets with customers to maximize sales opportunities through greeting and branch contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Contribute in the achievement of branch sales goals by aggressively selling products to new and existing customers by identifying problems, needs, and opportunities.
2. Recognize selling opportunities and effectively cross-sell bank products and services.
3. Identify opportunities to sell consumer loans, accept consumer loan applications and facilitate loan closings. Must work effectively with centralized underwriting department.
4. Refer qualified customers to specialized sales forces.
5. Provide exceptional customer service by acknowledging every customer promptly, smiling and greeting each customer, introducing yourself, using eye contact, and thanking the customer. Acknowledge customer complaints and follow established complaint process to ensure customer satisfaction.
6. Handle customer transactions quickly, accurately, and efficiently, adjusting speed to traffic flow. If appropriate, maintain and balance cash drawer following the established guidelines.
7. Maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services, including digital services and delivery options. Support customer usage of products and services that will provide the services they need in the manner most
convenient for them. Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitors’ products, practices, facilities, and prices in order to effectively sell bank products.
8. Participate in branch promotions and marketing initiatives.
9. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Current NMLS SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
• Sales experience, customer service, cash handling, bank or other financial service provider experience preferred.
• Successful completion of Teller and FSR training preferred.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All job applicants must go through our website and fill out the application there: www.arvest.com/careers