Java Software Developer
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
TravelYes, 5 % of the Time
The Application Delivery Services organization of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Omaha Branch is seeking a full stack Java software developer. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in providing Banking supervision and regulation. This position, with oversight from other senior staff and/or management the software developer contributes to the analysis, design and implementation of enterprise, strategic and complex solutions including development of enterprise content delivery, workflow automation, business process management and reporting capabilities through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including post implementation support and maintenance. Scope of responsibility encompasses software development, testing, delivery, and support.
- Utilizes skills to implement complex systems and software components according to technical designs and specifications, in compliance with industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule and cost.
- Creates estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks.
- Will analyze business requirements and create technical designs and specifications, develop and document solutions and ensure implementations meet design specifications and adhere to standards.
- Will utilize advanced skills to consult with customers in a support role or when assisting more senior level staff in the formulation of technology strategies in collaboration with business partners.
- Demonstrates high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, team work, and reliability.
- Communicates status and progress on assignments and raises issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Well established knowledge of Java and web application development, SQL databases, mapping of data sources, data movement and COTS integration. Experience with Business Objects a plus.
- Typically requires two to four years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to the design, development and software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g., Computer/Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering) or an equivalent combination of related education and/or work experience.
- Familiarity with Industry software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies.
- Fundamental to moderate project management skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including the ability to think logically and analytically.
- Strong to advanced oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and explain comprehensive technical information clearly and concisely to target audience.
- Strong to excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively build relationships; promote, and work well in a collaborative team environment and influence others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
In some cases, positions require access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 12 CFR 268.205. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite timeframes.
If you are interested in exploring career opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit their career page at https://www.kansascityfed.org/en/jobsearch
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.