Operations Specialist I - II-257021
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
TravelYes, 25 % of the Time
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking an Operations Specialist to provide operational support for the Stored Value Card (SVC) business line in support of the Department of Treasury. The SVC operation reduces cash and checks at over 100 military bases and installations in 13 countries (including the U.S.), and on approximately 150 Naval ships. Meeting this global demand requires the deployment of over 8,700 pieces of equipment, including kiosks (cashless ATMs), point-of-sale terminals, laptops, and other related peripherals. The SVC operations area provides Treasury 24/7 support. This position is part of a customer service team that provides functional and technical support to SVC customers.
This position provides operational support for SVC through the processing of payment transactions. This position also carries out tasks required for the day-to-day operation of the program.
- Process and pay transactions for the Finance Offices, agencies and participating Merchants.
- Participates on projects driven from a number of sources, including US Treasury priorities, SVC Three Year Plans, High Priority Objectives (HPO’s), departmental operational improvements, and/or procedure and policy reviews and updates. As an advocate for process change and improvement, offers ideas and recommendations to department, Bank, and SVC management, and leads or participates in the implementation of these changes.
- Monitors workflow status and prepares, analyzes, and presents reports related to quality measures, quantitative trends, and other program metrics.
- As required, participates in business continuity testing and system validation efforts.
- Performs, or coordinates efforts necessary to assess and mitigate program level risks, supports internal audits, and assists in requirements and testing phases of periodic software releases to ensure quality of the project component.
- Provides industry-level expertise and perspective related to stored value payment system and specific processing conventions.
- Conduct detailed research and analysis for customers.
- Provide operational support and troubleshoot queries received from internal and external customers.
- Provide direct communication and customer support to management at FRBKC, Treasury, military finance offices, as well as merchants and vendors.
- Perform a variety of complex clerical tasks including, but not limited to, document processing, navigation of complex software tools and packages, reconcilement, and preparation of complex reports.
- Understand and apply SVC procedures, methods, and controls associated with assigned jobs; easily recognize deviation from accepted practice and take appropriate action to remedy the situation.
- Performs work using well-defined instructions, policies, and procedures, under direct supervision in some assignments. Otherwise, operates under general supervision for assignments that proficiency has been demonstrated.
- As required, provide support to Customer Service Representatives by assisting with more complex customer questions or problems.
- Travel – Up to 10% once steady state operations are achieved; more significant travel of approximately 25% may be required during the initial transition period.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- One year of directly related work experience preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, Internet, e-mail, and applicable business line applications.
Screening is required for access to Treasury information.
- Knowledge of payment card industry
- Knowledge of Department of Defense organization and financial management processes
- Military experience or experience working with military organizations and personnel
United States citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien status with at least three or more years of United States residency from the date of legal entry to the United States is required for this position.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
If you are interested in exploring career opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit their career page at https://www.kansascityfed.org/en/jobsearch
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.