Technology Manager I
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
TravelYes, 15 % of the Time
This position, located in the Omaha Branch of the Kansas City Federal Reserve represents the mid-level manager position responsible for a combination of managerial, strategic and technical tasks. With oversight, uses technical knowledge to lead technology functions in accordance with the Bank's strategic plan, identifies, initiates, and influences technological and operational changes, performance and productivity targets, and District and System initiatives. This manager will provide technical, customer, and staff leadership at the Division/District, Treasury and System level. The position is responsible for strategic goals, services and/or projects having varying complexity, priority and sensitivity and assists with defining the future direction of the organization.
- Identifies, initiates and oversees department objectives to improve performance and alignment with both division and System goals and objectives.
- Assesses staff workload and coordinates department planning to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Demonstrates support for and ensures compliance with Bank and System policies and procedures. Identifies and develops department strategies aligned with business need and high priority objectives. Identifies risks in department functions and processes and establishes appropriate controls to minimize risks.
- Represents the Federal Reserve’s official position to outside parties including member banks’ management and Board of Directors, other Reserve Banks, vendors, contractors, consultants, other industry professionals and the public.
- Leads, or oversees, projects or other activities of varying complexity and priority. Guides District or System projects by directly managing meetings and activities.
- Assists Officers and Bank management regarding business, technical and budgetary concerns. Manages department’s expenses to ensure resources are appropriately utilized.
- Selects, empowers and leads staff, fostering an environment where all can provide input and improve personal effectiveness.
- Develops staff by identifying developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their personal goals, delegating responsibilities and providing timely feedback. Approves personnel actions such as transfers, hiring and progressive counseling.
- Recommends salary increases, promotions, and terminations. Discusses issues/problems with subordinate supervisors, department management, and Human Resources Department. Discusses situation with affected employee and implements a course of action to resolve a situation and prevent it from happening again.
- Performs administrative functions such as developing standards and policies. Reviews written reports, papers and correspondence for accuracy, consistency, style and clarity. Typically includes issues having greater complexity, priority or sensitivity.
- Identifies and oversees development of appropriate IT infrastructure consistent with System and District objectives. Stays abreast of latest IT technologies, applications and industry standards by reviewing periodicals, attending seminars and maintaining contact with local vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent ability to motivate, influence and work through others to accomplish tasks.
- Eight or more years of IT experience preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Software, Point of Sale, PKI technology, and Payment Systems is preferred.
- Four years or more leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Three years or more analytical or operational experience preferred.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Currency with broad technological direction and industry best practices for IT organizations.
- Superior planning, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of department operations, regulations and policies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong strategic vision and focus.
- Availability to work any shift.
- Knowledge of military organizational structures, terminology and protocols are helpful.
United States citizenship is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
If you are interested in exploring career opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit their career page at https://www.kansascityfed.org/en/jobsearch
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.