VIRTUAL — Reframing Nutrition | Part 2: Taming Inflammation
Reframing Nutrition | Part 2: Taming Inflammation - The Truth about Gluten, Caffeine, and Alcohol with Tina Sprinkle
Inflammation refers to your body’s process of fighting against things that harm it, such as infections, injuries, and toxins, in an attempt to heal itself. When something damages your cells, your body releases chemicals that trigger a response from your immune system.
Chronic inflammation happens when this response lingers, leaving your body in a constant state of alert. Over time, chronic inflammation may contribute to metabolic diseases including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and autoimmune diseases.
Experts believe a variety of factors including chronic stress, environmental toxins, smoking, drinking, and inflammatory foods lead to chronic inflammation.
In this workshop we’ll explore how consuming gluten, caffeine, and alcohol may raise inflammation and undermine true metabolic health.
Learn what you can do to mitigate the unwitting consequences you may be experiencing as a result of hidden inflammatory foods in your diet.
4-PART SERIES | REFRAMING NUTRITION: A FUNCTIONAL APPROACH TO FOOD, PHYSIOLOGY, AND IMPROVED METABOLIC HEALTH.
Only 12% of Americans have optimal metabolic health which means the other 88% of us are suffering from some type of metabolic dysfunction. This may present itself as stubborn weight gain, belly fat, brain fog, disordered sleep, and increased risk for diabetes, heart disease, autoimmunity, Alzheimer’s and more.
The good news is you have the power to interrupt and reverse metabolic dysfunction via nutrition and lifestyle intervention, even if you’ve been unsuccessful in the past.
This four-part series will help you:
Understand that body function is a series of biochemical processes independent of will power, commitment, or failure.
Utilize nutrition as a powerful ally to move beyond a toxic “diet” mindset for greater health, empowerment, and healing.
Discover and support your body’s unique nutritional and physiological needs to optimize your innate potential for health and healing.
Learn to think functionally about our health- to focus on the root cause of our symptoms and not just the symptoms themselves.
For more information on each module and to register click on the links below:
Tina Sprinklehas been a leader in the health and wellness field for forty years, opening her first business, The Sweat Shop, in the mid-eighties. Building on her passion for movement and fitness, Tina went on to get certifications in Group Exercise, STOTT PILATES, Anti-Gravity Fitness Training, and Functional Nutrition.
Tina is currently pursuing a two-year certification at the Institute for Nutritional Endocrinology as she understands the challenge hormones present in finding lasting health and balance.
In addition to collaborating with clients one on one, Tina offers online nutrition courses, small group coaching, and wellness adventure retreats in the United States and abroad
Date and Time
Thursday Dec 9, 2021 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
Virtual via Zoom - access this program remotely from your computer, tablet, or smartphone + dial-in available.
$0.00 Members $25.00 Nonmembers
No refunds. Interested in membership? More info here.